St. James Episcopal ChurchSt. James Welcomes you!
We are an Episcopal Church in downtown Woonsocket, right next to the Court St. Bridge on Hamlet Ave. We are focused on worshipping God in a joyful manner, teaching children and adults about Jesus and God, helping each other, and reaching out to the community through our ministries.
At St. James Church we strive...
- To model Christ-like behavior of acceptance, forgiveness, and love
- To reach families in our community for Christ
- To assimilate them into the life of the Church
- To nurture them toward Christian maturity
Saturday Services: NEW
We are excited to announce that we will have once a month Saturday night service that will include, like our Sunday services, blended music (traditional, contemporary, etc.) by Mr. William Lacey. This service will be followed by a time for fellowship, with a light dinner too.
Our first Saturday night service was in June. Future dates are September 13th, and October 4th, 2014 at 5pm on these Saturdays.
You are welcome to join us on Sundays for services at:
- 8:00 AM (quiet service)
- 10:00 AM (traditional service with choir) - this is a new time.
Please note: during the month of August and first and second Sundays in September, there will be only one service at 9:00 AM, instead of two services. Also, typically there is only one service at 9:00 AM for Easter.
Also for Christian Education:
- On the second Sunday of each month 9:00 AM Christian Education for young people (coffee and refreshments available for parents).
- On the fourth Sunday of each month 9:00 AM Christian Education Adult Forum (coffee and refreshments available for those who attend).
Below are some upcoming events. Please be sure to check out the calendar for full details. Our building is a fully accessible facility.
|See us on Facebook|